Nutrition in the Classroom is now closed. Thank you for your interest and please keep checking back for more on these events.
Nutrition in the Classroom
School-based programs can play an important role in promoting lifelong healthy eating. The more positive exposure children have to nutritious foods, the more likely they are to incorporate these foods into their day. Join Jamie Levato and Ellie Limpert in learning practical strategies for effective health promotion in and out of the classroom.
- Materials for use in the classroom
- Examples of crop plans for an edible harvest
- Ways to engage parents in the process
- Nutrition and cooking lessons that align with learning standards
- Nutrition information in an understandable format
- Age appropriate nutrition goals for students
- Activities and tips for making nutrition education hands-on, edible, engaging, and effective
- Affordable, healthy snack recipes
Poughkeepsie Farm Project, 51 Vassar Farm Lane
$40 ($20 for PCSD educators)
This program is eligible for three (3) professional development credit hours.